Today we ate:
- Blueberry/Mango/Strawberry Smoothies for LP and mom
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with extra oats (and LP requested addition)
- Leftover Kale, Mushroom and Udon noodles for lunch (LP) and black bean “quesodillas” for mom and dad
- Pasta with Garlic Scape pesto for dinner (scapes were in our CSA box). The G-man always adds some carrots and edamame to our pasta – super yum!
- $66.00 at Trader Joe’s to stock on on staples: Frozen fruit for smoothie, cereal, bananas, canola oil, etc.
I have some plans for posts to write in this section coming up, including how LP helps us in the kitchen, what it is like to be a teacher and a mom, etc. However, last night we had to put our dear cat to sleep. She has been with the G-man and I for nine years, through four homes, one cross country move and a new child (LP). I’ve been super depressed about the fact that she won’t be here when we bring our new baby home. Anyway, please excuse the brevity of posts in the next few days, and the lack of a post yesterday. I know life will return to “normal” eventually, but right now the G-man and I are just taking some time to be with each other and LP while we remember our sweet cat who has been such an integral part of our lives, and has essentially been there for me and the G-man for our entire adult existence. We will miss her dearly.