Today we ate:
- Waffles with strawberries (everyone) and powdered sugar (just mom and dad), as well as our usual smoothies, all of which were enjoyed on our back deck!
- Cheerios for an at-the-park snack for LP
- Black bean and avocado “quesodilla” for LP and boloco burritos for mom and dad
- Chocolate covered almonds for mom’s snack
- A special ice-cream outing out for everyone! Dad got blueberry and raspberry lime rickey sorbet and mom got soy coffee chocolate chip ice cream in a waffle cone, and LP at lots of both! Yes, we had ice cream before dinner. Sometimes we just roll that way.
- Warm chickpea, artichoke and sun-dried tomato salad on CSA lettuce. LP LOVED the artichoke hearts and ate most of them! We also enjoyed dinner on the back deck – we are getting a ton of use out of our patio table, which is a good thing since the G-man put in quite a bit of time fixing it up! (It was a craigslist find)
During the month of June we have a bigger budget than we will in July. This is partially because I am still working, and there are costs that come with that (transportation, classroom materials, meeting co-workers for weekly Friday breakfast, etc.) So, rather than be completely limited by our “Year of Family” budget, we are simply trying to be more aware of our spending this month, and trying to cut down on “extras.” Of course, this being Father’s Day, and after having a really sad and rough week, we went ahead and splurged on some extras.
Today we spent the following:
- $15.00 at Boloco for our lunch
- $11.70 at JP licks for our special Father’s Day Ice Cream treat!
Sunday’s Picture Gallery:
Enjoy these pictures and videos of our family. We’ve also included a few of our cat that we lost this week. She was really special to us, and all three of us miss her dearly.
One thought on “Sunday: Picture Day and Father’s Day”