Today we ate . . .
- Breakfast: Smoothies and bagels with tofu cream cheese for Mom and LP (and just the bagels and cream cheese for everyone else!)
- LP snacked on some almonds and crackers this morning – Mom was less healthy and snacked on doughnuts from Babycakes!
- Lunch: A black bean and avocado quesadilla for LP and leftover Ethiopian food for the grownups.
- Dinner: Carrot ginger soup (from The Vegan Table) made with CSA carrots, along with biscuits on the side.
- Mom and Dad baked the last of the chocolate mint cookies for dessert.
Today we enjoyed the beautiful weather with a park outing, but didn’t need make a Whole Foods run (like we often do) so we didn’t spend anything!
Tuesday Toddler Update:
LP’s sense of humor is always entertaining to me. I’m really enjoying this age in part because he now does funny things on purpose, not just incidentally, and it is so fun when he is “in” on the jokes. For example, we have been singing the cheesecake song to IP (since I sang it to LP when he was a baby – it is a great song to sing over and over while walking and bouncing a baby around the house). LP likes to sing it too, but what he really finds hilarious is replacing the word “cheesecake” with “avocado” to the end of the song. Every time he does it he busts out laughing! LP also loves it when we call him “goofball” and every time he does something silly (like tries to put Mom’s shoes on his head, or hides under a sheet like a ghost) he giggles uproariously and says “goofball!” Whenever we do something funny he will also say “Mama goofball” or “Dada goofball” and laugh some more.
LP’s cooking imagination also continues to develop. He not only makes pretend smoothies these days, but also potato soup and rice soup. When he has raisins out he will also make raisin soup and raisin tea. Whenever he cooks he is super focused on what he is doing, and stirs very, very carefully!
LP has been doing a good job playing on his own when Mom is taking care of IP. He is starting to figure out that he needs to be able to entertain himself more. However, he also knows that he can always bring in a book for Mom to read to him, even if she is nursing the baby! And just this morning we had fun reading a couple books with IP, and LP loved getting to read a bit with his baby sister. He continues to be SUCH a great big brother!