Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: LP had his smoothie and then he and Mom had oatmeal! Then Dad came downstairs and had shared toast with LP. Yes, LP loves his two breakfasts!
- Mom snacked on cherry tomatoes from the garden all morning while she worked and LP and dad took a walk to see the trains.
- Lunch: We all had an “appetizer” of thai dumplings (a frozen TJs find from a while ago), and then Mom finished off the carrot ginger soup, LP finished off some leftover pasta and Dad had a big salad.
- LP had another treat of blueberry yogurt after naptime, as well as some applesauce. Mom at more cherry tomatoes (they are delicious and just sitting on the counter!)
- Dinner: Lemony Chickpeas and Chard over Coconut Rice. One of Mom’s favorites! Mom also got a treat – she got to eat dinner with LP while Dad took care of the baby (it was the first time in a while that Mom got to just hang out with LP and it was great!)
- Mom and dad had some Oatmeal Peanut butter cookies for dessert.
Today we spent the following:
- $30.00 for our CSA box.
I’ve been keeping up with my circuits for the most part. I’m up to two sets of ciricits in a row now, but I do take a big (2-3 minute) break in the middle.
However, IP has been pretty fussy (and we think gassy) for a few days now, and that has led to some additional workouts! I’m trying to see this as a good thing, especially since her fussiness means I haven’t taken her out for the brisk morning walks (and eventually, runs) that I wanted to. I keep meaning to go out with her in the mornings, but if there is any way she will sleep, I’m sleeping, since I definitely need to catch up on rest.
Here are some of the things that we’ve been doing to help IP feel a bit better, calm down, and give ourselves (yes, the G-man shares these duties!) a workout too:
Car seat swings: Swaddle baby, place in car seat. Hold car seat in front of you, but facing perpendicular to you. Swing in a large arc in front of you, as high as you can go. This works better if you can lean forward a bit, swing with one hand, and use the other to maintain balance. This can also be done by swinging the car seat with the baby facing you and using both hands to swing it forward, and then back down between your legs. For added difficultly, have a toddler run around your house and almost get hit by the car seat multiple times. As a way to focus yourself, think back to your decision to have kids (or more kids) as you swing, and wonder what possessed you. You may also wonder why you don’t remember doing s*%# like this with your first child. You probably did, but your brain forgot in an evolutionary trick to get you to procreate more.
Stair steps: These are already in my circuits, but I have been doing them oh so, so much more than that! Swaddle baby, hold baby upright against your chest, and step up and down the first stair on your stairway with significant bounce and as quickly as you can. During the day this method can be a nice way to get a little cardio in and can even help you feel a little more energized! At 4:30 in the morning, this exercise will likely make you wonder why you had kids (see comment above) or even tell your baby to “please go the ‘bleep’ to sleep!” It may also make 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in your own bed seem akin to a week-long resort vacation.
One thought on “Workout Wednesday: Incidental exercise”