Today we ate . . .
- Breakfast: Smoothies, tofu scramble and toast for Dad, LP, Mom and Grandma (who is visiting this week – yay!)
- We snacked on cherry tomatoes while waiting for lunch
- Lunch: LP had leftover eggplant and rice. Mom, Dad and Grandma had noodles in peanut sauce with bell peppers and cucumbers.
- Mom snacked on chocolate covered almonds – lots of them!
- Dinner: An improptu stir-fry (that we pulled together after we realized we were missing a key ingrediant for one of our dinners!) It had tofu, bok choy, bell peppers and carrots, and it turned out pretty good!
- The grown-ups had some chocolate when the kids when to bed.
Today we spent the following:
- $69.47 on a massive Trader Joe’s trip.
Tuesday Toddler Update:
As LP puts more and more sentences together (ex: “Dada play back room trains NOW.” and “No like soup. Eat bread with butter!”) we have been excited, especially since LP has always been a bit behind in terms of expressive language. In the last week I have noticed LP repeating what we say more and more. Sometimes this is really cute, and sometimes it reminds me that I have to be careful about what I say! Either way it is really fun to see him talking more and playing with language, even if he is using it to see how he can get a reaction from us.
LP continues to be super, super active. We have many an afternoon when the G-man and I are collapsed on the coach while LP literally runs laps around the house. A couple days ago we were wondering if there was any we could take a nap while LP stayed up and kept an eye on the baby. After briefly entertaining this thought we decided it was a no-go. Today we got LP out to the park, where he made soup in the sand, cooked some “cute buns” (what he calls hamburger buns) on the toy grill and a rode a motorcycle around the yard. It was a good outing for everything, and it was great to give LP a much needed chance to run around!