Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Green smoothies and toast (with peanut butter on some pieces and butter on others) for all!
- Lunch: LP and Dad had some leftover beet pasta. Mom was at work for the afternoon, so she brought a BLT to eat during her lunch break.
- Everyone got a banana chocolate chip muffin (or two!) for an afternoon snack.
- Dinner: Thai curry with carrots, bell peppers and tofu
- Mom and Dad has some coconut ice cream topped with chocolate chips for dessert. Mom actually had three small bowls of ice cream. She figured she earned it after five hours of work followed by five hours of alternating between feeding a baby and trying to get a baby to sleep.
Today we spent the following:
- $29.00 on our yearly car inspection sticker
Thursday Baby Update:
IP is just more and more fun every day, especially now that we have a slight semblance of a schedule! She is starting social smiling, and she seems to smile the most for her big brother. She also is grabbing at her toys more and seems more interested in the fish mobile on her swing than she was in previous weeks. She also has fun going out in the world. This week we have taken a walk to see the commuter rail trains every afternoon. IP seems to enjoy these trips as much as LP as she takes in the sights and sounds. And her big brother always makes sure her stroller shade is down so that she has an unobstructed view of the trains!
In terms of sleeping things are better, but are still a bit hit or miss. IP has been sleeping in her bassinet at night, which is a huge improvement. She will pretty consistently sleep from around 11 to 3 and then go right back to sleep and wake up around 5:30/6:30. The time she wakes up seems more related to how well she was swaddled than how hungry she is. I’ve been trying to get her on a three-hour feeding schedule during the day, and that is working well for her, although it can be hard to keep up with when we are also running around with LP. I’m hoping to get her to start sleeping in the bassinet earlier (like around 8) even if she has to wake up at 11 for a feeding anyway. I tried to do that the last two nights and she pretty much just kept waking up every 10 minutes. Tonight I’m going to let her nap until 10:30 where she pretty much always naps when we are at home – in our baby swing. That swing not only can keep her asleep, it has also been able to put her to sleep lately, which is super exciting! My knees are grateful because they were getting really tired of our stair-stepping routine!