Monday Munchies: Recipe of the Week
One of our favorite snacks is hummus. We eat it with crackers, veggies or on sandwiches. Since we eat it so much we learned to make our own to save money. After messing around with the multitude of hummus recipes out there the G-man has perfected his hummus recipe to match our tastes – it is quick and easy to make when you have a food processor, but it can also work in a high-powered blender.
The G-man's Hummus
- 3 cups of chickpeas (or 2 cans)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1 large garlic clove OR 2-3 minced garlic cloves that were sautéed in olive oil for a few minutes.
- 1/8 tsp sal
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1-4 TB water
1) Place all the ingredients except for water in a food processor. Process until blended, then slowly add water to reach the desired consistency.
Notes from the Year of Family
Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP, followed by hash browns and toast for everyone.
- Mom and LP snacked on some chips and homemade salsa before lunch, and after a very fun visit to the train park!
- Lunch: Cesar salad with CSA romaine and leftover vegetable crisp
- Mom ate lots of chocolate chip cookies after lunch. Dad had one.
- Dinner: Garlic and greens pasta. LP said that his bites with greens and pasta were “extra yum!” (after some prodding from Mom and Dad)
- Mom and Dad ate some freshly baked chocolate chip cookie for dessert!
We managed to go one more day without any shopping trips. Yes!