Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Smoothies and bowls of cheerios for Dad and LP! Mom and LP also shared some toast with butter. Once again LP managed to finagle TWO breakfasts!
- Lunch: Thai basil pesto over udon for Dad, a TJ’s enchilada for mom and a hummus and tomato sandwich for LP
- Mom snacked on peanuts and LP snacked on crackers with almond butter after nap time.
- Dinner: Moroccan inspired lentil soup from Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, which Mom borrowed from the library. We also had salad with our CSA lettuce and fresh rye bread that Dad baked today.
- Mom and Dad ate some more peanut butter cookies for dessert.
Today we spent the following:
- $30.00 for our CSA box.
- $8.96 at Whole Foods for soymilk, tamari and a couple pears for Mom’s trip to work tomorrow
- $3.00 for peppers and corn at the farmer’s market
- $4.00 for a treat from JP licks for the whole family
- $57.92 for an Amazon order (books and a pillowcase for LP)
I love biking. Whenever I bike I feel so free. Some of it is just the chance to be outdoors, especially in the gorgeous weather we have been having. Some of it is the chance to be by myself for a little bit. I also enjoy the fact that biking is a great way to get a workout and go somewhere at the same time. I enjoy that a lot more than running to nowhere on a treadmill.
Getting back to biking also reminded me of how far I have to go. 9 months ago I was riding to and from work pretty much every day. Yesterday I went 1/2 that distance and I was slow and tired. But it was a good tired, even on top of the standard “I-have-an-infant” tired. It was similar when I went for a run with friends last weekend. It felt great to be out running again even though I was sore later that day. Just one more reminder that it takes a while to bounce back from growing a child.