Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Green smoothies for Dad and LP, and then cheerios with raisins for Mom and LP.
- Lunch: Time to clean out the fridge! We had a smorgasbord of leftover beet pasta, roasted potatoes, crackers with cream cheese, and coconut yogurt.
- In transit we snacked on hummus with bell pepper and pita chips, apples with peanut butter, and almonds.
- Dinner: We got Chipotle burritos for dinner on the go!.
Today we spent the following:
- $12.66 for Chipotle burritos.
Thursday Baby Update:
IP continues to be adorable, fun and she is having a great time developing new skills. Today she was playing on her activity mat and she kicked one of the balloons clear across the room! She is also getting more and more social. She has particularly enjoyed some Daddy-time this week, and she loves to have “conversations” with the G-man.
I have talked to a number of people about baby sleeping recently. Mostly we (parents of babies) have been complaining/lamenting, but I was reflecting on it (at 3am) and thinking that we have had our successes to. So, here is a breakdown (the good, the bad and the ugly) of where IP stands with sleeping:
- She goes to bed consistently between 8pm-9pm. Bedtime consists of swaddling and nursing, while Dad reads her a little story. She usually falls asleep nursing (or at least gets really drowsy) and I put her in the crib with her white noise machine on.
- I can pretty much count on at least 3 hours of sleep when I put her down for bed. Occasionally she sleep for 6!
- After she wakes up the first time at night to eat its unpredictable. Sometimes she will sleep for another 3 hours. Other times she only sleeps for 1 or 2. Last night she slept until 1am, but then was up every 2 hours on the dot and she was hungry! I’m telling myself it’s a growth spurt.
- During the day we have no nap schedule, much to my dismay. After trying to get her on schedules that worked with LP, and failing miserably (usually with a bad night to follow my attempt at scheduling) I’ve given up on a nap schedule for now. She usually takes 4 naps during the day for variable times. Some are 45 minutes long and some are 3 hours. She will consistently go down for a longer nap around noon or one – which is also when LP goes down for his nap.
- During the day IP is either sleeping in a swing or in a carrier. At night, though, she is in her own room in a crib.
Well, that’s our sleep situation for now! As anyone with a baby knows, it is ever changing, so tune in later for an update! I’m hoping our next update will be schedule related, or maybe even that we don’t have to swaddle her anymore. Also, if anyone has suggestions for how to wean our baby girl off the swaddle, leave a comment! I need all the help I can get!