Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Toast with almond butter and some Odwalla smoothie for LP and Dad. Mom had toast with butter and some oatmeal.
- Mom and LP snacked on almonds at the park
- Lunch: Jamba Juice smoothies – a special treat! LP also had some pasta with broccoli and peanut sauce, and Mom and Dad had Tempeh BLTs and potato salad.
- Dinner: Pasta and veggies with peanut sauce and lemon baked tofu
- Mom ate a few chocolate almonds for dessert
Today we spent the following:
- $5.55 for our Jamba Juice smoothies (we got LP’s for free by filling out an online survey)
- $20 for a donation for my school’s gala and silent auction fundraiser. 2.66 for Chipotle burritos.
- $10.68 for a few items at CVS
Thursday Baby Update:
IP has been a wonderful traveling baby. She has continued to sleep pretty much through the night with only one or two wake-ups, which we Dad and I appreciate, especially after a red-eye. We have also been surviving without a swing this trip. IP takes some naps in her pack-n-play, but usually only for about 45 minutes at a time. Other than that she naps in the moby or on laps of Mom, Dad or Grandma, often for several hours at a time.
IP has also been having a great time meeting lots of new faces. She loves to have conversations, complete with “ah-goos” and beautiful smiles. When we went to the aquarium yesterday she also loved looking around at all the exhibits, and she was cranky for a while until I figured out that she wanted to ride front-first in the carrier. Then she cheered right up and was mesmerized by the seven-gill shark!
IP is getting better and better at chewing her hands. She has been trying to get her hands in mouth for a while now, but lately she has consistently been able to put her fist or fingers in her mouth whenever she wants. I think she might be a thumb-sucker, unlike her brother. It is pretty cute, even when she looks like she is trying to eat her whole fist!