Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter for all
- On the way to the Monterey Bay Aquarium we stopped by Trader Joe’s for lunch and snacks. Mom ate a ton of dry roasted almonds on the way down.
- Lunch: Mom, Dad and LP all shared spicy lentil wraps and vegetable tempura sushi from Trader Joe’s.
- On the way home LP and Dad shared an apple, and Mom dug into the almonds again.
- Dinner: Rice pilaf with veggies, sugar snap peas (thanks Grandma) and Masala burgers from Trader Joe’s (thanks Little Baba!)
- Mom and Dad shared some dark chocolate after LP went to bed.
Today we spent the following:
- $30.00 for our CSA box (although we weren’t home to pick it up – when that happens it goes to a food bank)
- $8.10 for a couple of drinks from Starbucks to enjoy on drive back home
- $70.08 for gas
- $37.95 at for lunch and some food for the rest of the week from Trader Joe’s
- $69.75 for admission to the Monterey Aquarium
- $13.50 for garage parking
Today we had a fantastic trip out to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I’ve been lamenting the fact that I haven’t been able to work out while we have been traveling. Every time I start to do circuits or even just a push-up, someone seems to need something. But today I think I made up for some of that on our family’s outing. Here are some of the things I did today that I think count as a “mini” workout.
- Carried IP around in the Moby all day – and extra 11+ pounds on me at all times!
- Held LP up to see sea horses, jelly fish and sea turtles (and yes, IP was still strapped on to Mom!)
- Lots of squats since I couldn’t bend down with the aforementioned IP on me. So, every time I had to put my bag down, pick it up, or pick up something that LP dropped, I did a squat to save my knees!
- Lots of walking, of course!