Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Toast and OJ for Dad and LP and cheerios and raisens for Mom and LP.
- We all snacked on roasted almonds on our trip to Happy Hollow Park (where LP went on his first merry-go-round ride. He had a blast!)
- Lunch: Crackers and yogurt for LP (he seems to enjoy crackers dipped in yogurt – I think he likes the sweet/salty combo). He also ate an apple. Dad and Mom had some veggie soup and sandwiches (grilled cheese for Mom, BLT for Dad) after LP was down for is nap.
- LP and Dad had some crackers and cheese before dinner
- Dinner: Stir-fried rice with carrots, lemony-baked tofu and sugar snap peas.
- Mom had some dark chocolate for dessert.
Today we spent the following:
- $10.00 to park at Happy Hollow. It was free for us to get in thanks to our Museum of Science membership (we have a reciprocal membership with lots of attractions around the country!)
Monday Munchies: Check out Vegan MoFo
October is a special month – the Vegan Month of FOOD! Vegan bloggers the world over are blogging about food, cookbooks, and vegan life overall. I’m bummed not to be participating this year like I did last year at my other blog, but we are traveling and juggling two kids, so it didn’t seem like the best time. However, I am going to share some of my favorite posts and blogs from VeganMoFo right here at Vegan Mama!
- Check out one of my favorite blogs Cadry’s Kitchen, where she is posting about themed vegan dinner parties. The second week is a pajama party theme!
- I’m also enjoying reading the exploits of a new mom (and vegan cook) at Flaming Apron. She had some great food picks and a great sense of humor.
- If you want a great way to check out the tons of Vegan Mofo blogs, go to http://www.randomofo.com/ and click through tons of great blogs chosen at random. It’s so fun to see what everyone is writing!
And if you want to check out the blog roll yourself, here is all the info you need for Vegan Mofo!