Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP and a bit of toast and leftover waffle for the whole family.
- Lunch: Leftover bean soup, leftover potato and tempeh hash and leftover butternut squash. Have I mentioned that we love leftovers?
- Mom snacked on some almonds and chocolate chips for a snack. LP just had some almonds.
- Dinner: Lemony chickpeas and chard over coconut rice. LP loves the rice the best.
- Mom and Dad had some chocolate covered almonds after LP went to bed. Mom needed them for another marathon “putting to bed” of IP. Sigh. Someday she will get her sleeping groove back.
Today stayed home and focused on LP’s potty training. He is doing great, and since going too far from home would be quite the chore, we didn’t spend anything.
Monday Munchies: Check out Vegan MoFo
I’m still loving Vegan Mofo. It’s been fun to check out the contests and challenges this week. For example:
Check out the Vegan Mofo version of CHOPPED! Four ingredients, one dish and go! This time the theme was brunch, with four interesting ingredients. Here are some of my favorite combos:
- Sweet ‘n Spicy Butternut Phyllo Rolls with Popcorn and Rosemary Salt Topping
- French Toast with Rosemary Apricot Syrup
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Tempeh Cakes with Balsamic Apricot Sauce
- Whole Wheat Butternut Squash Rosemary Pancakes with Maple Butternut Squash Cream & Salted Rosemary Apricot Popcorn Brittle
- Popcorn Crusted Polenta Stacks with Barbecue-Glazed Squash & Cashew Cream
And the Iron Chef challenge had the key ingredient . . . BEETS! Here are some gorgeous examples of what people can do with some creativity and a few beets.
As usual I’m enjoying Cadry’s Kitchen with her party themes. I’m also loving Bite Me, I’m Vegan’s posts, where each week the blogger picks two ingrediants to focus on. I especialy loved her take on peanut butter and bananas – one of my favorite combos!