Today we ate . . .
- Breakfast: Green smoothie for Dad and LP. Mom grabbed a biscuit and apple on the go to a morning meeting.
- LP snacked on some almonds at the park
- Lunch: Dad and LP finished off our seiten “pot roast” and Mom ate pita chips and hummus
- Mom ate more chocolate chips as a snack and then enjoyed a soy chai out with a great friend.
- Dinner: Polenta with homemade marinara (with our garden tomatoes!), salad and a 99 cent baguette from Whole Foods.
Today we spent the following:
- $8.99 at Starbucks
- $12.05 at Whole Foods
- $83.15 for a fold-up work bench for the G-man and a mega-container of coconut oil
Tuesday Toddler Update:
Now that LP is doing so well with potty training we have been able to venture out into the world again! This weekend we went to the Mystic Valley River Festival and he was a great. He made a fun little mask at the craft booth, played with the toy truck in the kid area, and munched on pretzel samples. One of my favorite things about going out to places like this with him is watching him have fun. He can do so much on his own now, like draw pictures, flip through books, eat snacks, etc. This independence can be a bit daunting at times, but it also makes LP a great buddy on these outings.
LP has also been quite musical lately. I often make up random songs to narrate what we are doing through the day, and he chimes in quite readily. He also had made up some of his own! He likes to play his harmonica, sway side-to-side and sing “Dada, Mama, Baby I, Goo-goo” and then grin like a fool. He also sang the “Grandma and Grandpa” song at dinner today. You might guess how it goes: “Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma, Grandpa . . .” He is very proud of these songs, and we enjoy his singing!