Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP, bagels and cream cheese for everyone else.
- Lunch: Guru’s indian food – a special lunch treat!
- Everyone got a special post-lunch treat. LP got a piece of rice-crispy treat (with Sweet and Sara marshmallows!) and Mom had a Sweet and Sara S’more
- Dinner: Clean out the fridge night. We had leftover bean loaf and gravy, salad and some apple slices
- Mom and Dad finished off the night with hot chocolate.
Today we spent the following:
- $30.00 for Indian food
- $11.00 on dried chickpeas at the local Indian market
Monday Munchies: Recipe of the Week
It’s fall and I realized I haven’t posted and apple recipe yet! This is one of my favorite ways to use the multitude of delicious fall apples we have at our house. These pancakes are easy and yummy and they totally taste like Fall!
Oatmeal Apple Pancakes
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup flour
1 cup almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TB canola oil
2 TB maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 of a medium apple, chopped
- Soak oatmeal and ½ cup milk for 5 min
- Mix in rest of milk, cinnamon, oil, maple syrup and vanilla
- Stir in flour, cinnamon and baking powder
- Stir in optional apple pieces
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a hot griddle. When you see bubbles on the sides (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Push down with your spatula to spread the second side a little. Then, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup!