Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Green smoothies and toast for Dad and LP and cheerios and raisins for Mom.
- Lunch: A picnic lunch of pasta salad, tortilla chips, apple slices and almonds
- We all munched on almonds and crackers on the car ride home after a really fun fall hike.
- Dinner: Red Flannel Hash, Roasted Butternut Squash and Clean out the fridge night. We had leftover bean loaf and gravy, salad and some apple slices
- Mom and Dad finished off the night with hot chocolate.
Today we went on a gorgeous hike with friends and had a relaxed dinner at home. No money spent!
Monday Munchies: Recipe of the Week
It is officially pumpkin season in our house. I have stocked on some cans of pumpkin for my Thanksgiving plans (more to follow as I set that up) so it is time for a pumpkin recipe! I made these muffins by adapting a recipe from Vegan Brunch using the ingredients I had on hand. These muffins are good on their own, but adding a simple streusel (using non-dairy butter) on top will really move them into the extra yum category!
Ingredients: 1 cup canned pumpkin (or pumpkin puree) Directions:
Pumpkin Oat Muffins
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup instant oats (or rolled oats pulsed in food processer a few times)
2 TB molasses
1 TB vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 TB baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin (or pumpkin puree)