Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies and cereal for Dad and LP. Mom munched on clementines while she worked.
- We all had almonds for a mid-morning snack
- Lunch: A special treat: burritos at Chipotle!
- Dinner: Cholent (lentil, bean and seitan stew) with homemade rye bread. Dad makes the best bread!
- Mom and Dad had some mint chocolate cookies after the kiddos went down.
Today we spent the following:
- $22.42 at Chipotle – LP finally started requesting his own burrito – and he ate most of it!
- $98.08 at Trader Joe’s. This should be our last Trader Joe’s trip for the month. We are trying to save more by minimizing our shopping trips.
Thursday Baby Update:
One of the things I’m enjoying the most about my second little one is that I get to enjoy my second little one. When LP was a baby I enjoyed our time together, but I also worried about making sure he had enough tummy time, how he was verbalizing things, what I was going to do that day to get some kind of adult interaction, etc. With IP things are different. This is due, in large part, to the fact that the G-man is home too, and everything about the children and the household are not on my shoulders. But with IP I just worry less. I’m not obsessed with milestones. I know she is gaining weight just fine. Instead, we can just hang out. This has resulted in LOTS of the following lately:
- Playtime with both of us on the floor while I listen to NP
- Morning naps in bed where she falls asleep nursing and I sleep beside her
- Afternoon siestas where she sleeps on my lap and I read a book or watch The Daily Show
- Walks all over the place where she faces front-ways in the Moby wrap. She gets super annoyed if she is facing me all the time!
In addition to these fun and relaxing times IP and I love to have conversations! I make up gobbledygook phrases and she laughs and laughs and laughs. Then her big brother comes in the room and she forgets all about me!