Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Green Smoothies and toast for Dad and LP and then peanut butter toast for Mom
- Lunch: Leftover carrot-ginger soup and yummy grapes!
- Mom and LP munched on homemade croutons that Dad baked up. I think they were supposed to be for salads, not snacks. Ooops
- Dinner: We enjoyed slow-cooker chili topped with avocado for dinner after an outing to see Medford City Hall Holiday Lighting ceremony.
Today we spent the following:
- $120.64 at Costco, which included some diapers (LP is not quite done with diapers at night, which we use disposable for) light bulbs for the G-mans sprouting shelf and a few other grocery items. 1.86 at Costco for quite a few groceries and our membership renewal
- $10.59 for landscape fabric – another gardening supply
There is nothing quite like a run on a cold morning. I love the days like this when it is cold enough to kick my brain in gear, but not so cold that it hurts my ears. Today I took a 3 mile run and it felt great! I ran by the Mystic River and I thought about how picturesque the bare trees were in their own way. They seem like they are just standing tall waiting for the snow to settle around them. The river is just starting to frost over. In the mornings you can see chunks of ice along the edges. It will melt throughout the day, but it is a reminder that winter is almost fully upon us. Running is my favorite way to keep up with the seasons. OK, if I’m honest, it is my second favorite way. Drinks are my first favorite. Hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps anyone?