Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP and then toast with butter for everyone.
- Mom and LP snacked on almonds in the morning. LP also had some cheerios at playgroup
- Lunch: A quesadilla with avocado and vegan gourmet cheese for LP. Dad and Mom had leftover soup and chili
- Dinner: A delicious veggie and orzo dish from Vegan on the Cheap
Today we spent the following:
- $23.07 on gas
- $4.00 for a soy hot chocolate at a local coffee shop
Thursday Baby Update:
There are very few things I enjoy as much as a baby laughing – especially when it is my baby! Little IP is laughing more and more these days. She is in the middle of that great phase when even cranky babies can be distracted by fun toys or some special interaction with loved ones. She laughs when we kiss her tummy. She laughs when we change her diaper and sing songs. She laughs when we play “peek-a-boo.” She laughs when her big brother tickles her. Her laugh is so adorable. It starts like this little “gasp” where you think she might be getting ready to start bawling. Then, she follows with these little hiccuping giggles and a HUGE smile on her face. Nothin’ like it!
A sleep update: IP is doing much better! She had a few nights where she woke up twice (once at 1am and once at 3am) and I fed her. However, with both feedings, she didn’t eat that much, and she wasn’t really hungry when she woke up for the day. So, last night I planned to not feed her right away (which is always my go-to when I’m groggy at 1am) and instead try to soothe her back to sleep with a pacifier. However, last night she woke up at 4am for her usual night feeding, so I guess all is well! Then she was up at 7, ready to go downstairs and start laughing and playing with her big brother.