Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Green Smoothies and oatmeas for everyone
- Lunch: Leftover gumbo for Mom, leftover tempeh for Dad and a hummus and avocado sandwich for LP
- Mom and LP snacked on crackers with tofutti herb spread and clementines
- Dinner: Pesto Wheatberries with carrots, kale and white beans.
- Mom made some peppermint brownies for dessert. I’m still on the hunt for a better vegan brownie recipe – these were good, but a bit cakey
- $41.64 for groceries at Costco (like rice, onions and pita chips).
Well, I’ve found a way to really make sure I get my butt in gear with running. I just signed up for my first ever half-marathon! It is a course I have run part of since they have a five-mile race as well: the Boston Run to Remember, which goes along the Charles River and through downtown Boston. It isn’t until May, so I have time to really get myself in shape. I’m excited and nervous. When I asked the G-man about signing up early (so I could save thirty bucks) he asked if I was sure I was going to do it. My answer was “if I sign up, I’m going to do it!” Well, now he will hold me to that. Time to get back out tomorrow for another short run, then a four-miler this weekend. Nothing like spending fifty bucks on a race to get me motivated!