Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Green Smoothies and oatmeas for everyone
- Lunch: Leftover gumbo for Mom, leftover tempeh for Dad and a hummus and avocado sandwich for LP
- Mom and LP snacked on crackers with tofutti herb spread and clementines
- Dinner: Pesto Wheatberries with carrots, kale and white beans.
- Mom made some peppermint brownies for dessert. I’m still on the hunt for a better vegan brownie recipe – these were good, but a bit cakey
- $41.64 for groceries at Costco (like rice, onions and pita chips).
Well, I’ve found a way to really make sure I get my butt in gear with running. I just signed up for my first ever half-marathon! It is a course I have run part of since they have a five-mile race as well: the Boston Run to Remember, which goes along the Charles River and through downtown Boston. It isn’t until May, so I have time to really get myself in shape. I’m excited and nervous. When I asked the G-man about signing up early (so I could save thirty bucks) he asked if I was sure I was going to do it. My answer was “if I sign up, I’m going to do it!” Well, now he will hold me to that. Time to get back out tomorrow for another short run, then a four-miler this weekend. Nothing like spending fifty bucks on a race to get me motivated!
6 thoughts on “Workout Wednesday: Half-marthaon – yikes!”
Nice! I am training for my first half, but haven’t signed up for one yet. Still thinking about which one I’d like to do as my first. Best of luck on your training!
Good for you! It is exciting to be training for something specific – I always feel a bit more motivated, especially in cold weather 🙂 Let me know which one you end up running!
I have chosen to run the Athleta Iron Girl Clearwater Half Marathon. It gives me enough time to train and being that it’s a woman’s only race it intimidates me a bit less.
Looks great! And I get the women’s-only race thing. I’m hoping to finally do the Tufts 10k in fall, in part because of that.
Did you already register for it?! It looks like a great race. Unfortunately Boston is really far away from Miami. I should look to see if we have one similar down here.
I haven’t registered yet – I’m not even sure when it is open. Oops! But I think it is a great idea! I need to find a 10K around here to try and run in March or April sometime.