Today we ate:
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Mom and LP followed by oatmeal for everyone.
- Lunch: Leftover mac n cheese and leftover sloppy joes
- We all enjoyed some post-nap popcorn
- Dinner: Creamy Tomato Soup and grilled cheese
- Mom and Dad had chocolate mousse for dessert
Today Dad took LP and IP to the park for a bit and then we all hung out around the house. Nothing spent!
Monday Munchies: Recipe of the Week
This lentil recipe is always a hit in our house with adult and kiddo alike! It is the Lentil and Bacon Pot ‘o Stew recipe from Hearty Vegan Meals, adopted a bit for our tastes and easiness of prep.
1 cup brown lentils
1 and 1/2 cups of water
1 veggie bullion cube
2 TB olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 – 1/2 red onion, minced
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped (optional)
2 large leeks, white and light green parts, cut into thin slices and then quarter rounds, rinsed thoroughly
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 recipe for Tempeh Bacon
1) Put lentils, water and bullion cube in a large pot and bring to a boil. Then, simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. check for doneness after 20 minutes, and then cook until lentils are tender, but still firm. Add water if necessary.
2) Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Then, saute the veggies for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
3) Stir the cooked lentils in with the veggies. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Crumble the bacon into the stew and heat through. Serve and enjoy!
One thought on “Monday: Recipe Day with Lentil and Bacon Pot ‘o Stew”