Today we ate . . .
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP. Mom had some muffins while the boys had cereal. IP had some banana.
- Lunch: Peanut sauce over pasta and veggies for Mom, Miso soup for everyone else.
- Dinner: Garlic and Greens soup and sweet potato fries
Today we spent the following:
- $64.86 at Costco, which included $40 in diapers for IP
Tuesday Toddler Update:
I blamed the fact that we hadn’t been out to the park or out for a walk in ages. The G-man blamed it on the fact that I let LP have a tiny piece of chocolate cream pie before his nap. Either way, what we had was this:
- LP falling all over his own feet all day. Literally. As in take a step, fall down, get up, take two steps, fall down, repeat.
- No nap. LP was in his own room the whole time, but there was no napping. There was singing. There was talking to stuffed animals. But there was no napping.
- The night ended with LP mimicking IP blowing raspberries. When IP does it it is kind of cute and mellow. When LP does it he spits everywhere. So we have declared a moratorium on LP raspberries. However, he ignored this rule of law and continued to blow raspberries (i.e. spit everywhere). So he got a timeout. And kept spitting in his timeout. So we added time to his timeout. And he thought this was hilarious and kept spitting in his timeout. And so on and so on. I finally gave up and just left him in his timeout (ignored) until bedtime.
Finally, everyone got a good night sleep and we all decided that we still liked each other in the morning. But I just thought I would share this in case anyone thought that taking care of a toddler was a life of glamour and glory. Ya know . . . ’cause that’s a common misconception.