Today we ate . . .
- Breakfast: Blueberry smoothies for Dad and LP, followed by the oatmeal for everyone.
- Lunch: Boloco burritos – a special treat! IP couldn’t keep her hands off Mom’s burrito and she cried every time Mom had to take it away.
- We all snacked on crackers and cream cheese
- Dinner: Lentil soup with carrots and greens. Basic but delicious!
Today was low key – Mom worked and Dad took the kids for a walk. We used a gift card for the burritos, so nothing spent!
Tuesday Toddler Update:
LP has gone from just occasionally saying “all by self” to saying “Goo-goo do it all by myself” and then doing whatever the thing is. He does a lot of things all by himself these days, including:
- washing his hands
- cleaning up his toys
- getting out snacks
- taking apart oranges (when they are peeled)
- going potty
- putting on his clothes
- putting on his shoes
- mixing up baked goods (including, but not limited to, waffles, muffins and cupcakes)
Lately he has started saying he is going to do some things “all by himself” that he really can’t, like make muffins from scratch or slice bread or make a smoothie. Then he follows up with “Mommy help a little bit.” I’m very quickly getting relegated to the helping role, but I don’t really mind. It is kind of fun to see my little guy getting so independent. Luckily he still likes to come into our room for hugs and snuggles in the morning – he’s not too old or independent for that!