Delicious Vegan Dish of the Day:
I made oatmeal this morning. That doesn’t sound super exciting, but sometimes I find that a good bowl of steel cut oats with soymilk, brown sugar and some chopped almonds really hits the spot!
Today we spent the following:
- $26.43 for lunch out
- $8.50 for Museum parking
Monday Munchies: Recipe of the Week
I like muffins overall, but the best part of a muffin by FAR is the top. So, I was excited when some last-minute substitutions lead to this blueberry muffins with some excellent tops! In fact, I at some of the tops and left the bottoms for LP. He didn’t seem to mind.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 TB baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup nondairy milk
1/3 canola oil
1 TB lemon juce
1 TB white distilled vinegar
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and prepare your muffin tins with liners or by greasing them
- In a large bowl combine the flour and baking powder
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the sugar, milk, oil, lemon juice and oil. Mix well with a fork.
- Make a well in the flour and then pour the liquid mix in. Stir with a fork until the flour is just moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Pour into the muffin tins (and ice cream scoop works really well for this). Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let muffins sit for five minutes, then move to cooling rack. Enjoy!