This week is all about how to use 1-2 hours on the weekend to making weeknight dinners super easy! In the next few posts I will tell you about:
Week 2 Menu:
- Chickpea cutlets and picatta sauce with steamed kale
- Pizza (Daiya, red onion, kalamata olives and artichoke hearts)
- Tofu fried rice
- Tofu, veggie and rice bowls with peanut sauce
- White bean and rosemary soup
- Roasted brussell sprouts, tofu scramble and waffles
- Leftover Night
Ingredients List* (Items I actually bought this week are in red. Everything else was already in my pantry or fridge)
- *This list does not include the household staples that I always have around my kitchen.
Time needed: 2 hours (includes making dinner Sunday night)
Meal prep steps:
- Make the white bean soup (while it is cooking I complete the rest of the list)
- Make the pizza dough and store it in the fridge. Wipe down the food processor to use for chickpea cutlets
- Make chickpea cutlets using the food processor. Once they are formed into cutlets, put in a zip lock bag and store in the fridge.
- Make the peanut sauce. While the water for the peanut sauce is boiling, chop up carrots and broccoli (for stir-fry and tofu-veggie-rice bowls) and brussels (for roasting). Finish making peanut sauce
- Make picatta sauce. (By now the soup should be done – turn off the burner and let it sit until it is time to serve it for dinner OR store it in the fridge if you are going to have a different meal for dinner)
On the night we decide to have the Tofu, Veggies and Rice bowls with Peanut sauce, I make a double batch of rice and store the leftover rice in the fridge to use for fried rice later in the week.
6 thoughts on “Week 2: Weekend Meal Preparation”