My 5-year old (LP) has been “in charge“a lot this summer, which extends to his snacking. He has been making all sorts of delicious snack creations, but this is one of my favorites.
He had a blast making these little cracker sandwiches, and it was the perfect kiddo-activity to keep him busy while I squeezed in a quick workout. I asked him to tell me his recipe so I could share it with all of you!
LP's Special Snack Sandwiches (recipe created by 5-year old LP)
- 8 crackers (like Ritz or Trader Joe’s Golden Rounds Crackers)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 TB almond butter
- butter knife
- patience (this one is for the parents)
- (Grown ups) Put the almond butter and oats into two separate bowls. Pull out the crackers and put them in a stack on a plate. Now let your kiddo follow the rest of the instructions!
- Take on cracker and spread a bit of almond butter on it.
- Sprinkle a few oats on the almond butter
- Place another cracker on top of the first cracker
- Spread almond butter on top of the second cracker
- Sprinkle some more oats on top of the second cracker
- You have just made one Special Snack Sandwich! Use the remaining ingredients to make three more! Eat and enjoy!