Today we ate the following.
- Breakfast: Smoothies for Dad and LP and the last of the Oatmeal-Apple panckes for everyone.
- Mom had a late morning treat of . . . ice cream! Specially, the soy chocolate fudge ice cream at JP licks topped with oreos. Yum!
- Lunch: LP had the rest of the peanutty pasta and Mom and Dad each had a veggie burger. Mom was missing half a bun thought because LP wanted some toasted bun with butter. The toddler wins again!
- Dinner: Kale, Mushroom and Udon noodles in Miso Broth (from Veganomicon). We convinced LP to eat the kale by bribing him with more mushrooms. Go figure
- Mom and Dad munched on some chocolate chips for dessert.
Today we spent the following:
- $30.00 for our CSA box.
- $6.15 for Mom’s ice cream treat
I’ve adjusted my circuits to something that I’m finding a bit more manageable to do when I’m in charge of both kids. Now, instead of doing the workout with weights, I’m just doing three exercises: push-ups, squats and crunches. This is working well for me now because a) I’m able to do squats and crunches again (tried doing them a few weeks ago and paid for it in pain later) and b) they can be done without weights that might fall on my toddler since he is always underfoot when I am working out.
So, my goal is to fit five of these circuits in three days a week. However, I’m not stressing about doing all five at once since I usually only get through 2 or 3 before I have to take care of something kid-related. I’m trying to just get in a couple more rounds later in the day.
- 5 push-ups
- 10 squats
- 5-10 crunches